Posted September 17, 2013, 8:57 am
Good morning BBN, here's what's up.
- Basketball season officially began on Sunday when the team was allowed to have their first official practice. From now until September 27th, teams can practice for two hours a week, instead of the individual skill instruction they’ve received up until now. Starting on the 27th, they are allowed to practice a full 20 hours a week. In the past they wouldn't have been allowed to have full 20 hours a week practices but the rule changed this year. It should bode well for the young Cats that need the extra time to gel and find chemistry among all the new faces.
- Jeff Borzello Tweeted: Sounding more and more like a two-horse race between Kentucky and Kansas for Kelly Oubre. At this moment, I might lean toward Kentucky. Oubre has been turning heads lately and has risen into the top 20. He also has an epic hairdo.
- The Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook released their top 25 pre-season rankings and has Kentucky #2 behind Michigan State with Loserville coming in at #3.
- Stanley Johnson, the #3 ranked player in the 2014 Class, trimmed his list down to five schools: Kentucky, Arizona, Florida, Oregon and USC. Most anlaysts believe he will ultimately be choosing between UK and Arizona. Johnson recently said he liked Tyler Ulis' choice to go to Kentucky and he loves playing with unselfish point guards like Ulis.
- Coach Cal visited James Blackmon Jr. yesterday, the 23rd ranked player by Rivals. Cal made in-home visits to Tyus Jones, Myles Turner, Stanley Johnson, and Stephen Zimmerman last week.
Posted September 14, 2013, 9:59 am
As expected, Tyler Ulis selected Kentucky over Michigan State and will be running the point for the Wildcats next season.
Posted September 13, 2013, 7:20 am
This video was sent to us by a wild eyed Cat Fan who found KBF and loves it!
Posted September 12, 2013, 5:01 pm
Here's what's happening around the Big Blue Nation:
- Tyler Ulis will be announcing his college decision tomorrow night and EVERYBODY says he is going to announce his decision is KENTUCKY. Jeff Goodman tweeted earlier today that Michigan State is basically conceding Ulis to UK.
- Speaking of players who turned down Michigan State to pick Kentucky... CoachCal.com had a great profile of James Young today. Young is a sharpshooter who will be called on to be our primary three point threat this season. Young said, "I've always wanted to go to Kentucky and join the great history that they have. Once I got the opportunity to come here, it was just mind-blowing for me." Hopefully Young will blow some minds with his long ball this season.
- Devin Booker is still thought to be a slight Kentucky lean at this point but don't count on Missouri. His father played there and Missouri is recruiting him hard.
- Jahil Okafar is still considered a Duke lean but he really likes Coach Cal and UK has a legitimate shot to steal him away from the Blue Devils.
- Coach Cal will be visiting Stanley Johnson in California tomorrow for an in-home visit. Stanley is ranked the 3rd best player in the class.
- While the pieces of the 2014-2015 puzzle continue to fall in place don't forget about Karl Towns Jr. The 7'1" big man, ranked 11th nationally, is already awesome. He'll be a superstar with another year under his belt. Check out his new mixtape below.
Posted September 12, 2013, 3:01 pm
Saturday, September 12
#24 TCU (1-1) vs. Texas Tech (2-0) 7:30 PM ESPN TCU -3.5
Prediction: Texas Tech 28-27. Bet Texas Tech +3.5
Saturday, September 14
#16 UCLA (1-0) vs. #23 Nebraska (2-0) 12:00 PM ABC Nebraska -4.5
Prediction: UCLA 40-35. Bet UCLA +4.5
#7 Louisville (2-0) vs. Kentucky (1-1) 12:00 PM ESPN Louisville -13.5
Prediction: Lousivlle 30-17. Bet Kentucky +13.5
#1 Alabama (1-0) vs. #6 Texas A&M (2-0) 3:30 PM CBS Alabama -7.5
Prediction: Alabama 30-21. Bet Alabama –7.5
Tennessee (2-0) vs. #2 Oregon (2-0) -27.5 3:30 PM ABC Oregon -27.5
Prediction: Oregon 50-21. Bet Oregon –27.5
Vanderbilt (1-1) vs. #13 South Carolina (1-1) 7:00 PM ESPN South Carolina -13.5
Prediction: South Carolina 35-17. Bet South Carolina –13.5
Mississippi St. (1-1) vs. Auburn (2-0) 7:00 PM ESPN2 Auburn -6.5
Predition: Auburn 28-17. Bet Auburn –6.5
#4 Ohio St. (2-0) vs. California (1-1) 7:00 PM FOX Ohio St. -16.5
Prediction: Ohio St. 41-31. Bet California +16.5
#25 Mississippi (2-0) vs. Texas (1-1) 8:00 PM ESPN Texas -4.5
Prediction: Mississppi 34-30. Bet Mississippi +4.5
#21 Notre Dame (1-1) vs. Purdue (1-1) 8:00 PM ABC Notre Dame -20.5
Prediction: Notre Dame 35-10. Bet Notre Dame –20.5
Leemo’s 5 star Locks of the weekend: California +16.5 and Mississippi +4.5
2012-2013 College Football Season
Year to date (Straight up picks): 0-0
Year to date (Against the spread): 0-0
Year to date (5 star Locks): 0-0
Posted September 12, 2013, 9:20 am
KBF just passed 7000 Likes! THANK YOU to everyone who has Liked our site.
Posted September 11, 2013, 11:19 am
Here's what's happening around the Big Blue Nation:
- Coach Cal's Fantasy Basketball Camp and the Kentucky Alumni Game brought in over one million dollars for charity.
- Jahil Okafor, Tyler Ulis and Devin Booker all had a great time at the Alumni Game. Most people still think Jahil Okafor is a Duke lean but believe Ulis and Booker are both Kentucky leans at this point. Tyler Ulis is expected to make his decision public later this week or early next week.
- Tyus Jones is not out of the picture yet. Coach Cal visited Jones on Tuesday and he will make an official visit to UK on September 27th.
- Coach Cal is traveling to Minnesota to watch 7 footer Miles Turner play
- According to people around the program Julius Randle is an absolute beast and will be one of the best players in the country this season.
- The Sporting News released their preseason rankings and UK sits at #1 folloed by Michigan State, Loserville, Puke, and Arizona.
- Chad Ford released his new 2014 NBA mock draft over on ESPN.com and his list has SEVEN WILDCATS getting drafted in THE FIRST ROUND! He has Julius Randle (2), Andrew Harrison (7), Willie Cauley-Stein (12), Alex Poythress (22), James Young (24), Aaron Harrison (25) and Dakari Johnson (27).
Tyler Ulis and Devon Booker taking in the UK Alumni Game
Posted September 9, 2013, 11:05 am
The Brow strikes again. This is what happens when Anthony Davis steals your cell phone.